Scroll down to see photos of how to set up the CyLab – it’s easy…
A Mushroom Cultivation Powerhouse …with an A+++ energy rating!
This SAB / incubator / temp-controlled fruiting chamber combo has everything you need to smash it in this hobby. If you want to go from beginner to amateur in a single product, this is the one. We thought out every component to bring you a clever, practical, compact yet spacious, all-in-one system which we use ourselves.
- Do you see mushroom growing as a hobby you want to get better at?
- Do you know how much it costs to keep a room temp in the mid 20’s for months at a time? (Hundreds)
- Do you want your mushrooms to grow better and bigger, any time of the year?
- Would you like to hit the perfect humidity and fresh air exchange levels for high quality mushroom growth?
- Would you prefer to grow mushrooms out of sight, using a proper grow light instead of relying on indirect sunlight?
- Would you like all of your mycology equipment to fit into each other for easy storage and transportation?
Answering ‘yes’ to a lot of these questions?… Seems like the CyLab is right for you…
What you will receive
- 1x Fruiting chamber with lid (pre-cut for optimum air exchange)
- 1x SAB with lid (box is completely unmodified with no cuts. Lid is cut with armholes)
- 1x Water Tank (pre-cut for air-exchange tunnel to inner heated fruiting chamber)
- 1x Incubator and lid (pre-cut for air exchange) – fits inside Water Tank
- Water heater with in-built thermostat
- Approx 2.75m of premium aluminium bubble insulation, pre-cut to size
- 6500K LED fruiting light – the ideal light temperature
- 12 litres of Perlite
- Polyfil for providing fresh air exchange
The temperature controlled incubator will keep your grow kits and colonising spawn products at the consistent, precise temperatures you need. Forget expensive house bills – this heating unit uses between 25 and 75W… up to 40 times less than a standard 2KW room heater.
The fruiting chamber has been our go to design over the years. We get the very best flushes out of this setup every time we use it and its height will support even the most enormous mushrooms.
Our new SAB is more compact than ever, yet still retaining plenty of the working space. The arm holes are cut into the lid.
The CyLab pays for itself in electricity savings and you’ll be set up for project after project for years to come.
Setting up your CyLab
Important: When putting colonised cakes into the fruiting chamber, do not ever sit them directly on the perlite – always have a piece of tin foil below them.
Using the Incubator and Fruiting Chamber at the same time
The CyLab has the benefit of being able to incubate some colonising spawn/substrate whilst you have some lovely gourmet mushrooms growing in the fruiting chamber… this is great if you want to have some different projects going on and no delay between your fruiting times!
You just need to put the lid on your incubator and place your fruiting chamber on top, for the heat to rise up from the water tank. Yep… it really is that simple.
The insulation is cut to a size that allows you to wrap it fully around the CyLab even with this taller set-up, to ensure the heat is held evenly around both the incubator and fruiting chamber.
Using the Light
You do not need to use the light with the incubator. When it comes time to use the fruiting chamber, set your light up in a good spot where it is going to provide plenty of light to your growing gourmet mushrooms. Try not to have it too close to the CyLab, as this could create too much heat.
It’s best to work with a 50/50 ratio for providing light – so, have the light on for 12 hours then off for 12 hours each day.
Make sure it is set to the highest 6500K setting – as per the manual – click the ‘M’ switch until you have the colour temperature of ‘Cool White Light’ and this will achieve 6500K.