Cylocybe Special MycoBox Grow Kit
The Cylocybe Special MycoBox Grow Kit has been a classic in our collection for years. Originally released in January 2019, it skyrocketed to the UK’s best-selling grow kit for its unique features. This product was the catalyst for our current expansive operations featuring Cleanrooms and state-of-the-art equipment. During the first pandemic, it is estimated that thousands of kilos of mushrooms were grown each week in the UK from this very kit.
Why Choose This Kit?
Why Choose This Kit?
If you’re new to mushroom cultivation, this kit is for you, especially if your home gets cool from September onwards. This ‘all-in-one’ kit is forgiving in cooler temperatures, making it ideal for those without an incubator. For those more experienced or with a warmer environment, consider our MonoBox Grow Kit.
- Twice the substrate as our MycoPots Grow Kit
- The substrate supports almost any mushroom species
- Great success rates for new mushroom cultivators
- A little more forgiving to cooler temperatures and fluctuations around the house
- Perfect starter kit for nervous newbies
- Uses our signature Inject-thru system for simpler, cleaner inoculations with a gourmet spore syringe
- Low maintenance: No need for water misting
- Designed for larger flush and yields sizes
- Longer colonisation time compared with our smaller MycoPot or MycDrop kits
- Can be a little too easy – if you want to learn more with a proper training kit – our MonoBox Grow Kit is what you need to be looking at
Enhanced or Regular
Enhanced contains 3000mL of Perlite to provide extra humidity for your growing mushrooms as well as switching the XL grow tent to a much larger XXL grow tent for the ultimate fruiting space. If you don’t mind a slightly tighter space or relying on just the moisture in the cake self-humidifying the tent, then you won’t need this enhanced version.
1 x 1200mL HEPA filtered Inject-thru™ MycoBox (Dimensions: L18 x W12 x H7 (cm))
Sterile Substrate (Ingredients: Organic Wheat Grain, Coffee, Coir, Lime, Gypsum)
1 x XL HEPA filtered Grow Tent (Dimensions: L32cm x H49cm) (Regular)
1 x XXL HEPA filtered Grow Tent (Dimensions: L47cm x H57cm) (Enhanced)
1 x 3000mL Perlite (Enhanced)
2 x Alcohol Wipes, 2 x 18G 40mm Needles, 2 x Hand Wipes, 1 x Face Mask
1 x Sterile Gloves (Optional)
Requires 3ml of a gourmet spore or liquid culture syringe (inject between each rubber port)
5/8 weeks at ~20℃ (non-optimal conditions / room temperature)
3/4 weeks at 26℃ (optimal conditions / lab incubator)
The cooler you go, the slower it grows.
- Clean the bag with the included wipe
- Slide out the MycoBox to expose the first two injection ports
- Inject 0.5ml-1ml from a gourmet spore or culture syringe into each port
- Repeat for any remaining injection ports
- Dispose of the bag and let the MycoBox sit in a warm place until fully colonised
- Follow the guide to harvest your mushrooms
This grow kit is intended only for the cultivation of legal mushroom species.
Every grow kit undergoes a strict sterilisation process. If you encounter any issues before usage, send us some photos for diagnosis. We’ll replace the affected part if there’s a confirmed issue.
The Story Behind the Name (September 2023)
Our kit was initially named ‘Cylocybe Special MycoBox Grow Kit’ but after an exchange with the owner of an old cultivation shop, we discovered ‘MycoBox’ wasn’t our original name. So, we renamed it to CyloBox Grow Kit in 2021 before making it out of stock. Their ‘MycoBox’ of course was a completely different kind of mushroom grow kit which simply shared the name ‘MycoBox’.
This whole situation inspired us to create the next UK No. 1 grow kit; MonoBox Grow Kit which used a brand new method of hydrating and microwaving a coco-coir based substrate, before mixing with colonised spawn by hand then fruiting from a huge surface area of all sides of the brick (a new-age idea with roots in the common MonoTub community cultivation technique). This idea was unique, we scoured all the shops in the UK and abroad to make sure we weren’t laying claim to something another business was doing – no other business on the globe was doing this.
Then, would you believe it – We just discovered that the very same business that threatened us about using the name ‘MycoBox’ is currently selling a grow kit which totally rips off our unique MonoBox and MonoBag grow kit technique. Including the preparing coir in a microwave! Do you realise how much testing it took to be confident of its reliability!? Months. Their business would have made an absolute killing from our decision to be respectful about the name change, allowing them the room to become No.1 on Google for the hugely popular search term ‘MycoBox’ which we built up. Welcome to the UK industry of mushroom shops, folks.
Respecting originality and intellectual property is a two way street. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
Welcome to the relaunch of our previous UK No. 1 mushroom grow kit and with its original name, Cylocybe Special MycoBox Grow Kit. Our PF-Tek MycoBox is now back too!